- Work closely with 8 school districts: Denver, Adams, Aurora and Jefferson County, Douglas, Cherry Creek, Sheridan, Littleton
- Drawing volunteers from all over the metro area.
- The business community in the greater Denver-Metro area has been generous in giving financial and in-kind donations. The support of the business community has been consistent and caring.
The Nuggets donate tickets and food and parking for our Slam Dunk event. Whiz Kids receives 2,000 tickets as guests of the Nuggets to their game that evening.
In addition to the Slam Dunk event and game day tickets, the Nuggets donate another 2,000 tickets to Nuggets games throughout their season for tutors, kids and their families!
The Broncos donate tickets to their kids camp. Whiz Kids has also received the Denver Broncos Quarterback Award two years in a row!
The Avalanche have donated 1200 tickets for tutors and their students, many of whom have never been to a hockey game.
The Rockies annually donate game tickets to summer games for kids and tutors to use.
Parks and Recreation
Whiz Kids Rodeo – Our year-end celebration held at the National Western Complex. Over 1,000 tutors and kids gather for games, music and fun to celebrate the end of a great year.
Over the past 20 years, foundations, both large and small, have given consistently and generously to Whiz Kids. The foundation community has taken illiteracy seriously, and Whiz Kids has responded by recruiting, training and nurturing over 10,000 volunteer tutors during this time.
- Finalist nominee of the CAPE (The Colorado Association of Partners in Education), 2002 School Volunteer of the Year Award
- Recipient of a 2002 Merit Award from the Karl E. Eitel Fund, a merit award through the El Pomar Foundation
- Two-time winner of the Denver Broncos Community Quarterback Award
- Selected by Colorado State Board of Education as a Supplemental Service Provider for No Child Left Behind
- Selected by Denver Public Schools as a major part of Lights on After School